This website (the “Site”) is operated by "SPARTA Original Greek" (“SPARTA”, "SOG", “we” or “us”). SOG is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and this Privacy Notice explains how we will handle any personal information that you provide to us or that we collect from you in connection with your use of the Site and the rights you have under data protection law. SOG is the data controller of the personal information collected via or in connection with the Site.
If you have any questions in relation to this Privacy Notice or SOG's handling of your information please get in touch using the contact details outlined at the end of this Notice.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we are the data controller of the personal data you submit via telephone enquiries, email or otherwise.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU THROUGH THE SITE
- your name, address, email address and other contact details;
- your business/company name;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests;
- IP address
- information related to an enquiry relating to our Product;
- information collected automatically using cookies and other tracking technologies, such as details of the web pages you have visited on our Site and the content that you access.
2. SITE VISITATION TRACKING
We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
3. ABOUT COOKIES
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. We use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
4. CONTACT FORMS AND EMAIL LINKS
Should you choose to contact us using a contact form, the name and email address you enter with your message will not be saved to this website’s database your data will be passed via our web server and an email will be sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted using SHA-2, 256-bit cryptography before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
5. EMAIL NEWSLETTER
If you choose to join our email newsletter via one of the newsletter register forms on this website, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to Campaign Monitor who provide us with email marketing services. We will ask you to submit your personal data which is 'required' information such as your 'First Name', 'Surname', 'Email', 'Date of Birth' and 'Country'.
The 'required' personal data we collect is used to tailor our promotions and for the following purposes:
- Product Improvement
- Future Product Development
- Customer Support
- Product Performance Analysis
- Communication and Marketing
We consider Campaign Monitor to be a third party data processor (see section below). The personal data you submit will not be stored within this website’s own database or in any of our internal computer systems.
Your data will remain within Campaign Monitor’s database for as long as we continue to use Campaign Monitor’s services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by requesting removal via email firstname.lastname@example.org . When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list.
While your email address remains within the Campaign Monitor database, you will receive periodic (approximately once a month) newsletter-style emails from us.
6. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Depending on how you use our Site, your interactions with us and the reasons for which you provide your information, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- supplying our services to or otherwise doing business with you;
- performing our obligations under a contract with you,
- managing our relationship with you;
- operating and administering our business;
- legal and regulatory compliance;
- replying to emails from you;
- to ensure that the Site is presented to you in an effective manner;
- to provide you with information that you have requested from us (for example, if you submit an enquiry via the online form on the Site).
7. OUR LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Under Article 6 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we are required to tell you about the legal basis under which we collect and process your data.
We will only collect and process your personal data in accordance with one of the below lawful bases:
- Performance of a contract: This is where the processing is necessary for a contract we have with you, or you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract, such as providing you with a quote. This lawful basis covers the following purposes:
- Providing our services to you
- Our legitimate interests: This is where we collect and process data in accordance with our
- “legitimate interests”. Our legitimate interests include:
- Improving our service
- Providing you with marketing information about our services
- Providing you with customer support
- Providing you with information about services offered by SOG
- Consent: You may be given the option to explicitly consent to share your data with selected third parties for marketing purposes or to sign up for related products and services. This will be via a separate notice via email. We will never assume that we have your consent unless you have explicitly opted in, and you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
- Compliance with our legal obligations: We may be required to process or share your personal data in compliance with a legal obligation, such as in response to a request by law enforcement or when investigating a civil claim.
8. STORING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to meet legal, regulatory and business requirements. You have certain rights to have your personal information erased or corrected (see section 10 below). Please inform us if you believe we hold inaccurate personal information about you.
The security of personal information regarding you is a high priority. We take such steps as are reasonable to securely store personal information regarding you so that it is protected from unauthorised use or access, misuse, loss, modification or unauthorised disclosure.
Other features include:
- storing information on secured networks consistent with industry standards, which are only accessible by those employees who have special access rights to such systems;
- using industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring or receiving personal information,
- and restrictions are placed on the electronic transfer of files.
We will keep your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above. This period will vary depending on the nature of your interactions with us. Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete or anonymise it.
9. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If we engage a third party to process personal information on our behalf we contractually require them handle your personal information appropriately.
We generally do not share personal information collected via the Site with third parties. However, personal information may be shared with third parties where one of the following circumstances applies:
- you have consented to us doing so;
- we are under a legal or regulatory obligation to disclose your personal information, protect the rights, property, or safety of SOG, our customers or others;
- SOG's assets are merged or acquired by a third party, in which case your personal information may form part of the transferred or merged assets;
- if we have contracted with third parties to supply products and services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods;
- to provide anonymous statistical information about users of the Site and related usage information to reputable third parties; or
- to provide marketing services and advertise our products; or
- We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used; or
- we are using a third party service provider to provide services that involve data processing (for example, hosting the Site).
Where any of your information is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
Wherever we transfer personal information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) or UK, we will take legally required steps to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect it. You may contact us for an explanation of the basis on which we have transferred your personal information and, where relevant, to request a copy of the legal safeguards which we have put in place.
We may compile statistics about the use of our website including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you.
In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal information, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or governmental authority.
10. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Site may contain links to third party websites, including options to share content you have read on third party websites, for example, on LinkedIn or Twitter. If you follow a link to any third party website, please be aware that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their handling of your personal information.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information, including the right to object to, restrict and/or withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information, the right to access or erase your personal information, and the ability to receive a machine readable copy of your personal information.
You also have the right to ensure that we correct or delete any inaccurate or out of date personal information which we have about you. If you believe that any personal information which we have about you is inaccurate or out of date and you would like us to correct or delete it, or you wish to exercise any other of your rights, please contact SOG by email or at our office address.
Any request to exercise one of these rights will be assessed by us on a case-by-case basis. There may be circumstances in which we are not legally required to comply with your request because of relevant legal exemptions provided for in applicable data protection legislation.
You may also have the right to contact the relevant data protection authority (the Information Commission’s Office) if you think we have processed your personal information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights. If you have such concerns, we request that you initially contact us at the email address below so that we can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns.
12. ABOUT THIS WEBSITE’S SERVER
This website is hosted within Greece and Germany data centre.
Our database is hosted within Greece and Germany data centre.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. As such we make no warranties as to the level of security afforded to your data, except that we will always act in accordance with the relevant EU legislation as outlined in section 9.0 below.
13. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
14. UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice may be amended by us at any time. Please check this page periodically to inform yourself of any changes.
15. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, need further information about our privacy practices, or would like to let us know that your details require updating, please contact us via email or at our address office.
Enquire about SPARTA Original Greek - Medicinal Olive Oil